Job candidates must be prepared for anything during an interview. That’s why Glassdoor has combed through hundreds of thousands of interview questions shared by job candidates over the past year to compile its annual list of the Top 10 Oddball Interview Questions.
The United States
1. “When a hot dog expands, in which direction does it split and why?” (Asked at Space Exploration Technologies).
2. “Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?” (Whole Foods Market).
3. “If you’re the CEO, what are the first three things you check about the business when you wake up?” (Asked at Dropbox).
4. “What would the name of your debut album be?” (Asked at Urban Outfitters).
5. “How would you sell hot cocoa in Florida?” (J.W. Business Acquisitions).
6. “If I gave you $40,000 to start a business, what would you start?” (HubSpot).
7. “What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?” (Trader Joe’s).
8. “If you were a brand, what would be your motto?” (Boston Consulting Group).
9. “How many basketballs would fit in this room?” (Delta Air Lines).
10. “If you had $2,000, how would you double it in 24 hours?” (Uniqlo).
1. “What was the last thing you Googled?” (Tim Hortons).
2. “Which Game of Thrones character do you like most?” (Bench Accounting).
3. “If you could sit next to one person on a transcontinental flight, who would it be?” (Salesforce).
4. “How do you calculate the number of red cars in a city?” (Manulife).
5. “If you were a utensil, which one would you be and why?” (Jack Astor’s).
6. “If you had only 24 hours left on planet Earth, how would you spend it?” (Iridia Medical).
7. “Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?” (Canada’s Wonderland).
8. “We meet on an elevator, and you have until we reach the 10th floor to convince me that you’re right for the job. Go!” (Sunwing Airlines).
9. “If you were a Prime Minister for a day, what one law would you change and why?” (Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg).
10. “How would you shuffle a deck of cards?” (StackAdapt).
The United Kingdom
1. “Which magic power would you like to have?” (Topshop).
2. “If you were a fruit, what kind would you be and why?” (Topdeck Travel).
3. “If you could have dinner with three actors that are no longer living, who would you pick?” (BlackBerry).
4. “How many hours would it take to clean every single window in London?” (IBM).
5. “How do you get an elephant in a fridge?” (Gemalto).
6. “If the time is quarter past 3, what is the angle measurement on the clock?” (Standard Bank Group).
7. “If you had three minutes alone in a lift with the CEO, what would you say?” (Network Rail).
8. “How many people born in 2013 were named Gary?” (BT).
9. “What will you be famous for?” (EY).
10. “How many nappies are purchased per year in the UK?” (Aviva Investors).